Breads from Rina's Kitchen
Crusty White Bread
Makes 2 loaves
11 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon white sugar
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
1 cup + 2 teaspoons milk
2 cups + 4 teaspoons hot water (not boiling)
1. Combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
2. Combine the milk, hot water and butter. Slowly add this
mixture to the flour mixture. As the dough begins to
stiffens start kneading on a floured board. Knead for 8 to
3. Place kneaded dough in a greased bowl in a sink of hot water
for about 30 mins or until doubled in size. Punch down dough
and knead on a lightly floured board for a few mins.
4. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Place two portions in
each greased bread tin and mist with water. Place loaves in
a warm area and allow to rise until doubled in size.
5. Mist loaves with water and bake in a preheated 400 degrees
F oven for 20 mins.