Breads from Rina's Kitchen
Mom's Baking Powder Biscuits
Makes 2-3 dozen
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the
shortening and mix until in little pieces. Add milk a little
at a time and mix until it forms a ball.
3. Roll out on floured board to 1/4-1/2" thick. Cut out in desired
size and dip in melted shortening. Place biscuits on an
ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 450 degrees F for 12-15 mins.
5. Variation: For shortcakes add 2 Tbls for sugar to the dough
and roll dough out to 1/2" thick.