Breads from Rina's Kitchen
No Knead Refrigerator Rolls
Makes 4 dozen rolls
4 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 cups warm water
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup shortening
6 - 7 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set
aside to proof.
2. In another bowl, mix together sugar, salt, shortening,
and egg with an electric mixer at low speed. Add mixture
to yeast, and stir in flour. The last 3 cups of flour will
have to be mixed in by hand.
3. Cover dough with a damp cloth, and place in refrigerator.
Punch down occasionally as dough rises. You can leave dough
in refrigerator overnight.
4. Two hours before baking, shape the dough into rolls. Place
on greased pans, baking trays or muffin pans. Let rise 2 hours.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 mins.